Common Noun: A word used to name any person, place, or thing.
- A boy is playing.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- You cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
- We play in the park.
- The red umbrella is nice.
Proper Noun: A word the we use to name common nouns.
- I live in Bangalore.
- Sunday is the last day of the week.
- Rohan has a laptop.
- My sister’s name is Pooja.
- Kaveri flows through Tamil Nadu.
Remember: A Proper noun starts with a capital letter. MINTS will help you remember.
M – Months, Day, Holidays
I – The name you call yourself
N – Name of people, places, rivers, mountains, buildings, etc
T – Titles of books, movies, etc.
S – Start of a sentence.