A sentence is a group of words that expresses a complete thought.
- These are sentences.
- The cat stole some food.
- The dog is barking.
- These are not sentences.
- The cat. (This group of words does not tell what the cat did.)
- Stole some food. (This group of words does not tell who stole some food.)
Identify the group of words that are sentences.
- The woman had suddenly disappeared.
- At the end of a long comedy series.
- Forgot my name.
- Tourists come to see the pyramids.
- The winner was Sarah.